Monday, July 18, 2016

See My Face and Know that I Am



A dear friend of ours, a person whom we hold in high regard and with deep respect, asked us to believe that the scriptures actually mean what they say.  Simple and interesting concept.  So incredibly simple. Yet, once we opened our mind to the idea it was amazing how truths and mysteries hidden in plain sight opened to our understanding and continue to do so.  We have begun to realize that the fullness of the gospel, contained in the scriptures, is the gift of seeing the savior face to face, receiving the testimony of Jesus…from Jesus, himself.  Once we opened our mind to this concept we have begun to see it throughout the scriptures.  One of the more obvious verses is found in Doctrine and Covenants 93:1

“Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am”

I believe this scripture.  I believe that God means what he says. Therefore, I believe that if I forsake my sins, if I come unto Him, if I call on His name and if I obey His voice and keep His commandments I will see His face and I will know Him. I believe that this can happen in this life, while in the flesh.
 
#1 What sins do I need to forsake?

#2 What more do I need to do to be obedient to His voice?

#3 What commandments of His am I not keeping?

#4 What fears are holding me back from seeing Christ?

#5 What false traditions keep me from seeing Christ?

#6 What do I value more than seeing Christ?